Requirements for adoption:
- Currently owned pets must be spayed/neutered (unless a vet approved medical condition or shown in conformation), up to date on all vaccines and on heart worm preventative.
- Adopted dog will be an inside dog. Adopted as part of the family.
- On certain dogs, a fenced in yard will be required.
- We reserve the right to not adopt out a dog to families with children we feel are not dog-savvy, this is for your protection as well as for our dogs.
- You must live within an 8 hr radius of Knoxville or Nashville, TN. You will be asked to travel to the dog’s location for the meet/great and adoption.
- We will not adopt animals to applicants (or any other household members) with any conviction, misdemeanor or felony, for the following offenses: domestic violence, animal abuse, animal cruelty, or animal neglect. We reserve the right to request a background check during the adoption process.
Process of Adoption:
- Once an application has been received, you will receive an email with the rest of the adoption process. This includes:
- A home video of the living areas of the home, living area-and back yard mainly. We want to make sure our dogs are going to comfortable homes.
- Once the video is received, we will call any Landlord reference needed, personal references and your veterinarian. Please make sure correct phone numbers are listed on your application and you have contacted them before hand to release information.
- We will contact you with the status of your application. We will discuss the dogs we feel are best suited for your family. It may not be that gorgeous, cropped and docked huge male you requested if he won’t fit your family. We want good matches and will make every effort to achieve that goal.
- The foster of the dog we’ve discussed will call you within 24-48 hours. This is the time to ask all the questions to feel out that dog’s personality. We’ve asked many tedious questions on the adoption application to try to match the dog to your family but if you just can’t handle a dog that wants to lick your face, for example, now is the time for those questions.
- We will coordinate a day for the meet/great and adoption (same day) We ask that you DO NOT bring other dogs to this. We will instruct you on procedures for proper introduction once you get home with your new family member.
- Adoption fees can be in cash or check. $35 fee on returned checks. We will hold the fee for 1 week to make sure he/she is a good fit. Adoption fees go straight into the general fund for medical expenses, dog food, dog supplies, admin overhead and promotions of the rescue.
- Puppies up to 1 year- $450
- Dogs 1-7 years-$350
- Seniors 7+ $200
- Mixed dogs- $200